Terms & Conditions
Any Order and subsequent purchase of Goods (as defined below) or services from Wholesale Hearing shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
In these Conditions: "Wholesale Hearing" is trading on the internet at www.wholesalehearing.co.uk .com .store
"We" / "Us" / "Our" refers to Wholesale Hearing, "You" / "Yours" refers to the Customer.
Wholesale Hearing Limited is a company registered in England 10576401
Registered office: Wholesale Hearing Limited, 40 Bloomsbury Way, Lower Ground Floor, London, WC1A 2SE
By submitting your order to Wholesale Hearing you confirm:
• You are aged 18 or over.
• You have had a hearing assessment within the past 6 months which included case history, otoscopy & hearing test .
• You are aware that you are purchasing hearing aids only, programmed to your audiogram, with no inclusive aftercare services.
• You have to submit a medical questionnaire and valid audiogram to us before your hearing aid purchase is accepted.
•You are also stating that you agree that you are the person that will be the end user and wearer of these hearing aids, and that the reason for purchasing these hearing aids from Wholesale Hearing is for the sole purpose of personal use only and not for competitive research, resale, or any other reason.
Orders for Goods
• Orders to Wholesale Hearing must be submitted via the web at www.wholesalehearing.co.uk
Limitations of Supply
• We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however we cannot 100% guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you, your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
Prices and Payment
• Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by Wholesale Hearing.
• We will use best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated on the Site.
• However we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, we will notify you of the error before formally accepting your order. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
Delivery and Carriage
• We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order. In most cases we will dispatch your Goods within 3 days of order receipt; we will contact you if, for any reason, this is not possible. All orders will be delivered using insured and tracked delivery services.
• Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you placed your Order.
• If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
• In the case of non delivery, if either Wholesale Hearing or our courier is at fault, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or re-delivery.
PLEASE NOTE WHOLESALE HEARING LIMITED IS NOT LIABLE FOR IMPORT TAXES OR CUSTOMS CHARGES LEVIED BY YOUR COUNTRY - THESE WILL HAVE TO BE PAID FOR SEPARATELY BY THE PURCHASER.
Returns (of Goods)
Please see our returns policy for full details on dealing with returns.
Copyrights and trademark
• The Site's design, names, text, images, graphics, logo are all owned by, or licensed to, Wholesale Hearing. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed consent of Wholesale Hearing.
• The "Wholesale Hearing" name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior consent of Wholesale Hearing.
Our no quibble, 30-day, money back guarantee policy is exactly that - if you don't like, or you're unhappy with any hearing aid you have purchased from Wholesale Hearing you can return it to us for a full refund. Product refunds are valid for 30 days from the day your item has been shipped to you the customer. You, the customer, are responsible for return postage costs back to our centre. We recommend using tracked and insured postage. Upon success we will refund the total price priced to Wholesale Hearing. We are not liable for any fees you paid to local audiologist for testing or tuning services.
To return goods you must start the process within the 30 days, and ensure that the item is delivered back to our centre no later than 40 days from the day we originally shipped the hearing device to you. You must initially contact us to obtain an Approved for Return Code (ARC). You can obtain this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The ARC should be quoted on an accompanying letter to explain the reason for return and ideally a copy of the original invoice. We recommend you obtain proof of postage from the post office when returning any item to us.
You will be notified by email or in writing when your returned Goods have been received by us.
When does the 30 day period start?
We will stamp your receipt with a date when we put it in the post. The 30 day period will start from this date; returns must have a posting date no more than 40 days after this dispatch date.
Can I return it even if I simply don't like it?
Yes, this truly is a money back, no quibble guarantee.
In the many countries and especially in the United States and according to the FDA, it is in your best health interest to obtain a professional medical evaluation before purchasing a hearing aid and you are encouraged to do so before purchasing this item. If you choose not to obtain a medical evaluation before purchasing this item, in the United States I am required by law to obtain from you a signed written waiver of the medical evaluation. If you check the terms and conditions box you are indemnifying Wholsesale Hearing Ltd against this particular situation if it arises. You therefore undertake to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any loss, expense, costs, damages or claims arising out of or in connection with any breach of this condition by you.
By checking this box You will be sent a copy of the User Instruction Brochure for the hearing aid. By ticking this box you are agreeing to our full terms and conditions.
All hearing aids sold through Wholesale Hearing Ltd carry their full official manufacturers guarantee/warranty.
Each manufacturer has their own specific agreements when offering warranties to patients. See below manufacturer specific information.
Widex - 5 year UK warranty - 2 year International warranty
Phonak - 5 year UK warranty - 1 year international warranty
Resound - 5 year UK warranty - no international warranty
In the instance of a hearing aid requiring repair from outwith the UK and beyond the international warranty cover, we recommend that the device is posted back to Wholesale Hearing Ltd by insured and tracked post at your own cost. We will happily have the device sent to the manufacturers lab in the UK and ask for the repair to be considered under the 5 year UK warranty. We will then make arrangements for the device to be returned by insured and tracked postage to you at your cost which has to be paid prior to posting.
Important information on limitations of warranties
Hearing aid warranty does not cover damage from improper handling or care, exposure to chemicals or undue stress. Damage caused by third parties or non-authorized service centres renders the warranty null and void. This warranty does not include any services performed by a hearing care professional in their office.
* From Phonak website as of March 2013
Please ask the hearing care professional where you purchased your hearing aid, about the terms of your local warranty.
Phonak offers you one year international warranty which is valid from from the date of your purchase. This limited warranty covers manufacturing and material defects in the hearing aid itself, but not accessories such as batteries, tubes, ear moulds and external receivers. The remedies under the international warranty are limited to the free repair of the hearing aid. The warranty only comes into force if a proof of purchase is shown. The international warranty does not affect any legal rights that you might have under the local warranty or the applicable national legislation governing sale of consumer goods.
Testing, fitting and follow up guidance
You have had an audiological assessment within the last 6 months which included otoscopy and a full diagnostic audiogram (hearing test) as a minimum. You have been recommended hearing aids by the clinician, or you are an existing hearing aid wearer. The clinician has not advised you of any requirement for onward medical referral following my audiological consultation. If onward medical referral has been made we request that you complete the details of this in the medical questionnaire. This document will be emailed to you shortly. We will assess your answers on a case by case basis and if required come back to you for further information. If we feel that it is inappropriate to provide you with hearing aids at this time you will be refunded in full and advised accordingly.
Whilst you may be able to have the hearing test and ear examination free of charge from some local audiologists, others will charge for their time and as a guideline we suggest this may cost around £80. The audiogram you submit to us will be assessed by our expert audiologists for validity, before a purchase is accepted.
Although we will initially tune a hearing aid for a customer to their approximate prescription from the audiogram provided, we highly recommend to have a 'real ear measurement' taken and have an objective speech assessment to ensure that you receive maximum benefit from your hearing aid. As a guideline we would expect a cost of around £150 to be reasonable for this service.
Beyond this we recommend regular check ups to ensure the device continues to perform for you. As a guideline we recommend that a 6 month or 12 month check up would take between 15 and 30 minutes and cost between £50- £100
Please contact us and we will recommend a hearing aid dispenser or audiologist in your area.